The other morning I woke up much earlier than I was ready for. Started at 4am, and then I just gave up at 6a. I tried to be grumpy about it.

But when I came back to lay in bed for a moment the cool air of the morning rushed through the window. It filled me with that fresh north western Washington sent -- that amazing smell right after the rain, west-siders, you know what I am talking about. And I could hear the birds chirping in the trees, the muffled sound of my kids playing downstairs, and quiet sleeping breaths. It was a perfect moment.

And now for some random pictures.

2 comments:

Tobler Bunch said...

I loved all your random pictures but I have to admit, my most favorite one is of Elsa asleep on the seat. Oh my goodness, that is priceless!

Megan Marie said...

that last is priceless. i'm glad you had a perfect moment amidst the craziness.