
Liala is good at asking questions. She has to be with how much she talks... I am convinced she will be a perfect public speaker by age 10 if she keeps talking at the rate she does now. I digress.
Today, at dinner she asked me What are vitamins? I realized I didn't actually know. I suppose they are some compound of atoms that smash into or trade some components with another atomic mass... but I have no idea how calcium gets to your bones and makes them harder, or keeps them from deteriorating. SEE HOW LITTLE I KNOW!!! So as I always to in a situation where I don't know the answer, I told her I was hazy on the subject.
However I knew I could not leave it at that. For one I felt ashamed at my lack of cellular biology knowledge. And two, the question came up after I made an argument of why she needed to eat her dinner, and not answering the question would surly destroy said argument. So I told her the basic, sugar coated effects of vitamins:
"Vitamins make you see better (point to my eyes), they makes you hear better (point to my ears), they make you dance better (giggle around a bit)..."
This is where I realized Liala was loosing interest, and might see this as a weak argument. So I lowered my voice, and I looked one way, I looked the other, and I looked right at Liala (she knew what was about to be said was important)...
"Some vitamins make you poop better." Roaring laughter commenced from all of the kids, although I am pretty sure it went over Elsa's head. And my argument was now forgotten, and this new "poem" of sorts was quickly memorized and repeated several times. At least the last verse was repeated.
It made me laugh especially because just the other day My sister-in-law posted a face book post, about how "butt" was a "bad word" in their house (Hello! If you are reading this!). Yeah, we love butts here, and their less attractive functions are used as jokes and sneak educational tactics. Eh. Maybe I need to grow up!
- Jess
(again sorry for no pictures... I organized the garage and edged the yard today... and still have a mountain of laundry to fold and dishes... so I just haven't really had the energy to pick up the camera. Nursing provides a good blogging excuse though!!!)
1 comment:
That was awesome!!
Post a Comment