Yesterday I took the kids to downtown bellingham to meet up with Kjeld and to take some pictures. It was fun and relaxing exploring this beautiful city, until I realized we were being followed. A guy had followed us for several blocks -- not a coincidence, we took a very out and about way to get places. Not to mention when we would stop he would stop and hover and watch us. I became very un-easy, and asked Kjeld if we could go home. He kept following us until Kjeld turned around and took a picture of him, and then we waited for a bit in front of a restaurant with a lot of people out side just in case we had to deal with a confrontation.
-- A side note: the non-crazy-stalker-people in bellingham are SO FRIENDLY! We had many a person volunteer to kick the guys butt if he did try anything. I am grateful to those many who volunteered their combative services! --
Nothing happened. But it started Kjeld and I talking about "What if". What if it had been little latter, and we turned the wrong corner? Sure there were two adults. But Two adults, three kids and a bunch of expensive photography equipment put us in a very venerable situation -- especially if we were confronted with a weapon! Scary stuff. But we did know there were some things that we could do to protect ourselves in some of those what if situations. 1) Pepper Spray!!!! 2) Insurance.
When we moved from Idaho our renters insurance had issues transferring so we canceled it; and we haven't replaced it yet!!! So what happens if our equipment is stolen? Or if there is a flood or a fire and it is destroyed?! Fortune would have it that this morning, the day after finding ourselves asking all these what if questions, I had a "one-on-one-dance-card-meeting" (its a BNI I thing... no dancing is actually involved) with Daniel Hagins from American Family insurance. And that is exactly what Daniel deals with: "What if".
Now it is not really fun to live our life's asking "what if", and their for hesitating to move forward or take those risks that can often have great rewards; or even those menial tasks like driving to work. You can get rid of most of that worry by having a plan, or a safety-net of sorts; Like insurance.
American Family insurance provides a great deal of insurance options!
-- A side note: the non-crazy-stalker-people in bellingham are SO FRIENDLY! We had many a person volunteer to kick the guys butt if he did try anything. I am grateful to those many who volunteered their combative services! --
Nothing happened. But it started Kjeld and I talking about "What if". What if it had been little latter, and we turned the wrong corner? Sure there were two adults. But Two adults, three kids and a bunch of expensive photography equipment put us in a very venerable situation -- especially if we were confronted with a weapon! Scary stuff. But we did know there were some things that we could do to protect ourselves in some of those what if situations. 1) Pepper Spray!!!! 2) Insurance.
When we moved from Idaho our renters insurance had issues transferring so we canceled it; and we haven't replaced it yet!!! So what happens if our equipment is stolen? Or if there is a flood or a fire and it is destroyed?! Fortune would have it that this morning, the day after finding ourselves asking all these what if questions, I had a "one-on-one-dance-card-meeting" (its a BNI I thing... no dancing is actually involved) with Daniel Hagins from American Family insurance. And that is exactly what Daniel deals with: "What if".
Now it is not really fun to live our life's asking "what if", and their for hesitating to move forward or take those risks that can often have great rewards; or even those menial tasks like driving to work. You can get rid of most of that worry by having a plan, or a safety-net of sorts; Like insurance.
American Family insurance provides a great deal of insurance options!
- Auto Insurance (WA)
- Home Insurance (WA)
- Business Insurance (WA)
- Life Insurance (WA)
- Health Insurance (WA)
- Annuities (WA)
Daniel is a great guy to talk to as well. He is a no pressure kind of guy who really wants to make sure that his clients are covered in case those "what ifs?" turn into "what nows?". So a little plug for Daniel and American Family Insurance. I know I will be talking to him about how I can protect my family and my business!!!!
Daniel Hagins (Trevor Holman Agency/American Family Insurance)
424 West Bakerview Road, Suite 110,
Bellingham, Wa 98226
phone: 360.527.1100
email: dhagins@amfam.com
web: www.trevorholman.com
- Jess
Daniel Hagins (Trevor Holman Agency/American Family Insurance)
424 West Bakerview Road, Suite 110,
Bellingham, Wa 98226
phone: 360.527.1100
email: dhagins@amfam.com
web: www.trevorholman.com
- Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment