So Heavenly Father has been speaking to me, and I guess I have been not listening! Woops! I realized this today after having a conversation with my daughter:
We are eating dinner, and randomly she comments, "Why is Jesus in the Sky?"
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Why does Jesus walk in the sky", she elaborates.
Great. Someone has told her that Heavenly Father and Christ are living in the sky. This is really not what I believe, and not something I want my daughter to grow up thinking. --I had a similar confusion when a teacher told me that heavenly father and Christ live in our hearts... I envisioned them in a heart shaped jail cell with blood up to their ankles. Not a great image for a four year old).- But it turned out to be a good thing that someone put that thought into her head, otherwise I don't know when we would have talked about what I believe. I told her about how Heavenly Father and Christ are Eternal; and in essence that means there is no beginning or end, so they can be every where and anywhere at all times, and still be people... which then prompted Liala's question:
"Why is Heavenly Father a person?"
I took a breath getting ready to answer her question with great easy, when it dawned on me that I didn't know the answer. When Heavenly Father was created or created himself why did he choose the form he did? Why aren't we cows? or Flowers? Or have our eyes on our middles and our buns on our feet?! "Liala, that is an incredibly deep question, and I don't know the answer".
Anyways. It stimulated more thoughts on my relationship with the Lord, and messages that I had been getting lately and hadn't been taking to heart.
I need to let Christ take over again, share the yoke and be a happier lighter person. Be that person that people want to talk to and wonder "Why is she so happy?!", and I want to smile and start to cry and say "Christ is why I am so happy!"... and hope that they feel my sincerity and don't think I am just unbalanced or hormonal.
So as soon as my heart committed to falling into Christ again, I felt lighter, my smile widened and all the little things melted away! I am excited! I am also nervous that I will start ignoring those subtle callings again, but Christ is always there waiting for me to come back no matter what.
2 comments:
You are such a great Mommy! Thanks for your great example...
Tally asked a similar question but it was about the picture of Jesus coming down to visit the lamenites... I couldn't think of an answer so I said... it's like magic! I must say your's was a LOT better-- and deeper in the end. Good thoughts.
Post a Comment