Apple Pie

So I must be getting more domestic or something, because I made an apple pie today. Kjeld and I picked the apples, when we were at the pumpkin patch for the dudes birthday. And then we received a giant box of apples from Kjeld's parents the next day, so we have some serious apple pieing, apple saucing, and apple eating to do!






The crust turned out AWESOME! I was so proud, i even got it into the pan and on to the pie with out any parchment paper or anything--super folding! Perhaps a silly thing to be excited about, but it was only the second time that has ever happened! The pie its self tasted good, a little too nutmeg-y but I still enjoyed it!
I love pies... because for the most part, you can claim that they are good for you. I don't find that excuse in cookies and cakes, as easily!

2 comments:

April said...

Mmmm, you're making me want a piece of pie right now! Great pictures like always!
April

Keri_B said...

I wish we were still neighbors so that I could have helped you eat that yummy looking pie!!