update on us...

I have really been neglecting the blog... I have no idea if many people really read it or care. But I usually enjoy blogging, give me something to do with all the photos I take (and can't afford to print).

-14
(Liala on her 5th birthday)

We have been super busy the past few weeks. The kids being in school, the car breaking down, Birthdays, working... etc. I have had images on my camera that I hadn't downloaded for a while! So Last night I decided to take a brain break and look at my personal images!  Which will be scattered through out this blog post, in no particular order I would guess.
 


-17
(Mr. Saint James Street, aka James; The new addition to our family)

Despite being busy, I have wanted to blog. Or at least write. I have had so many "ahha" moments the last several weeks, and am always full of different philosophies I am turning over in my head.  But I find it hard to publicly divulge those philosophies and ideas.  Perhaps it is because I know how the views I so strongly adhered to before, have morphed, and developed or been completely discarded.  And why wouldn't those ideas I have now, morph again.  I suppose I have a problem sharing an unfinished product of my mind, or it could be I don't trust myself to illustrate my mind correctly.  Any how, I have had a lot I want to share; so I think I am going to do my best, to be brief, and articulate what I need to say properly.



 (Visiting Grandma & Grandpa Biorn)
 
The greatest and most simplest idea, that I have known for a while, but have not been able to embrace it fully is the lack of control we have in our lives.  We obviously makes choice, and can plan to the best of our abilities, we can hope, pray, and cross our fingers. But whether we are in a maze created by fate, chance, or God; we don't have control of what happens to us.  The only thing we can control is our reactions.  Duh right!? But really accepting, the whole concept is difficult.

I am on way, in a noticeable fashion to accepting what will happen, will happen, I will do what I have to do, and I am starting smiling while I do it.  And now I am done with that topic.





(Elsa being Cranky: the combination of wanting to keep up with her bro & sis and teething has made her quite cross)

My friend has challenged her readers to create a "live list".  Her inspiration was her children, she found herself teaching them letters, numbers, colors... and while that is important, guiding your children to experience the world, and live life to the fullest through the little things might just be just as, if not more important... and further more it should be important to an adult to keep experiencing the world in simple ways.  So, I am going to make myself a live list (swiping a couple of her ideas as I go along), with the goal of doing one of the items every week, until they are all gone.

*Be carried away by the wind, using a big umbrella.
*Dance in the rain.
*Climb a tree.
*Sing in public.
* Roll down a hill, several times.
*Swim in the Sound.
*Create a HUGE painting.
*Nurf-gun battle.
*Yoga on the lawn.
* Sun-rise on the beach.
* Explore a new place.
* Run through the tulip feilds
* Make something, and give it away.
* Start to learn a new language... or maybe continue French.
* Listen to a heart beat.
* Spin 'round in circles with our eyes closed.
* Do a crossword
* Write our own story, and publish it.

That seems like a good start.  I might add to it later!
-18-16-13-12-11-10-8-3-1

No comments: