I having been meaning to post... and write something deep or thoughtful. But I just don't seem to have the time. I want to talk about our switch to vegetarianism to vegan and reasons behind that. I wanted to talk about new years resolutions and goals.  How I have actually started running... like I have been going for several days now!  I wanted to talk about all the random depressed and uplifting ideas that swirl around in my head unheard by anyone but me. But, I am too busy... or maybe to lazy.

So instead you will see a few quick snap shots for the last couple days...

It has been warming up! The last couple days have felt like we have been hovering around 50*f. So we have been hitting the parks and playing outside a lot! And it is so nice. I get really sick of being stuck inside for so long... but the rain has been pretty light so rain jackets or long-sleeves has been more than enough for our endeavors.





So some people seem to be under the impression that if you are vegan your food tastes like grass. Well, it isn't true. I have been loving cooking... might have to do with my less than secret love of chopping vegetables. So one of my favorite meals is Ratatouille . So I thought I would share my favorite recipe with you.

Egg plant
medium onion
3cloves of garlic
3 zuchinni
2 bell peppers
1 big tomato
oregano
basil
rosmery
parsley
salt and peper
 



first you cut up your egg plant into disks, salt them and set them aside for about 30minutes (to get rid of the bitter flavor). Rinse them with cold water.





Cut up all the veggies. put the veggies in a casserole dish with some olive oil, cover and bake at 325 for 1 hour, or until veggies are all soft and there is a layer of "juice" at the bottom of the pan!

Serve over mashed potatoes and bread!!!
-9-10

This is super yummy, and even better the next day!!! The kids love it... Elsa fell asleep in hers, and every time she would wake up a bit she would grab another bite... that was until I decided it was cruel to keep laughing at her falling asleep in her food.
-11

No comments: