I have been having a lot of fun the last few days. I took the kids for a walk, and we went to a park. We have been goofing around and I have been taking my camera out more. It feels good.I have also started on the road to Vegetarianism... I hope it will not only be a weight of my conscience, and good for my body; I hope that it will help give me the peace and clarity of mind that I need to understand my faith, and purpose.
I originally wanted to be a vegan, but then I decided Milk and Yogurt from "happy and organically fed and well treated" cows would not have any ill effect on my conscience. It is funny because shortly after making this decision. I started reading the Bhagavad-Gita, because Kjeld is using it in his Indian Studies class.
And I found that in Hinduism they do not eat meat, because of their principles of non-violence, and views of God. Furthermore they do use dairy products, because of the cows connection to on of their Gods. I am excited to learn more about other religions around the world... it is incredibly fascinating.
And tomorrow, I will start documenting our families trip into the Vegetarianism -- well Kjeld said he would eat what I made, but he will probably still be eating meat. I might be able to bring him over, because the more I let myself think about why I am becoming a Vegetarian the more passionate I feel about it's benefits and principles.





No comments:
Post a Comment