Wow

The amount I impact my children is a profound and mind blowing topic. It is both terrifying and oddly gratifying when I see my behaviors and my words coming from my children. It reminds me that I always need to be an example to my children.
That brings to mind the question: What do I want to show them? Here are some things I have come up with, but I am not limited to.
  1. Love God
  2. Love Christ and attempt exemplify his behaviors
  3. Enjoy the little things
  4. Make goals and reach them
  5. Not to let the judgments of other inhibit actions and creativity
  6. Eating healthy and respecting the body
  7. Being eco-conscious
I am definitely not at 100% on all of these things, but I hope to improve myself and exemplify these things so that my children may take some of these qualities on as their own.

1 comment:

Tobler Bunch said...

Tell me about it? These kids sure mimic their parents well, it is scarey. If you are ever uncertain as to what changes you need to make as a parent then just watch and listen to your kids for a day or two and be prepared to be completely overwhelmed with the changes needed to be made. I am so glad you have come up with some very important things to teach your kids. I like your list and I support it 100%. I am going to write them on my journal. Thanks for being such a good example and sharing it.